Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Foundation ~ Modelling owls.

It's nearly time for our excursion to the zoo! I'm looking forward to seeing all the animals and taking lots of photos. I wonder if we will see any owls? I have had lots of little owls staring at me in the Art Room the past few weeks... How did so many owls get in the Art Room I hear you ask??? 

It was those clever Prep students! Look what they have made! Here are Prep A's creations.


And here are Prep B's little owls. Aren't they gorgeous?!


We used salt dough to make them and the students were so good at listening to my instructions and following my demonstrations on how to form the dough and model it into an owl. I took them home and baked them in the oven for a few hours to harden (and they smelled delicious but I had to instruct my own children that they were NOT for eating!!)

The following week, we painted our owls and prepared a background for them. Stay tuned for the final reveal of our owls, but in the meantime here is a photo of one cute little owl all painted.  Oh and of course, we just had to read 'Owl Babies' together while we made these!